WHAT IS AMERICAN THEATER WORKSHOP (ATW)?
- It consists of 2 hour sessions that lasts 19 weeks in which participants will develop skills in writing, creating and staging a show.
- Explore your creativity and collaborate with other young aspiring theater creators.
- Every participant will create a 5 – 10 minute play on whatever subject speaks to them. They will also get to act in them.
- At the end of the workshop a collection of the short plays written by the participants will be showcased.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Youth (11 – 15; 16 – 18 years old), interested in the arts, performance, play-writing, and that can work collaboratively with other young artists.
- Those who can commit 100% to all the dates and times of the program
- Those with a sense of artistic adventure, willingness to learn, experiment and grow.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THIS PROGRAM?
The program costs 150€.
NUMBER OF SPOTS
MINIMUM 12 – MAXIMUM 16 PARTICIPANTS
Every Wednesday at (11 – 15 year olds) 12:30 – 2:30 pm/(16 – 18 year olds) 3 – 5pm starting January 2016.
- JANUARY: 6, 13, 20, 27
- FEBRUARY: 3, 24
- MARCH: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- APRIL: 20, 27
- MAY: 4, 11, 18, 25
- JUNE: 1, +INTENSIVE REHEARSALS JUNE 6 – 11
- Monday 6: Rehearsals (TBA)
- Tuesday 7 : Reshearsals (TBA)
- Wednesday 8: Rehearsals (12:30 – 5:30 pm)
- Thursday 9: 1st SHOWCASE (School)/Debrief/Rehearsals (TBA)
- Friday 10: 2nd SHOWCASE (School)/Debrief/Rehearsals (TBA)
- Saturday 11: 3rd & FINAL SHOWCASE (Matinée) (TBA)
* Middle school students must bring a packed lunch on Wednesdays. Their mealtime (12:10-12:30) will be supervised by a PEACE Production member.
* During the intensive rehearsal/performance week, be prepared to stay for at least 3 hours at a time.
* Detailled programme available here: ATW Youth Winter & Spring 2016
Collège International de l’Esplanade
20 rue de Londres
APPLICATION DEADLINE : JANUARY 3rd 2016 at 5pm
HOW TO APPLY
- Download this PDF file: ATW Youth Winter & Spring 2016
- Fill out the Application Form including your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth, and photo.
- Write a letter (minimum 300 words) addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the workshop? What do you want to take away from the experience?
- What story would you like to tell?
- Why do you think you would be a strong group member and what would be your contribution?
- Fill out the Photo Consent & Release Form.
*Application Forms can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com (Subject: ATWY 2016)
All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be chosen. The final selection will be posted on the website by January 4, 2016.
WORKSHOP STARTS WEDNESDAY JANUARY 6, 2016
For further questions please contact Alexis Gontan, Youth Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathleen Messner, Director of Education, at email@example.com.